Monday, November 24, 2008

The movie week

For a person who watches a couple of movies a month in theaters, I created a new record. Five movies in one week. Phew.

White

A Polish movie screened at alliance francais. Though I missed the first twenty minutes of the movie, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was one of those movies that you know you liked, but it is difficult to say why you liked. Unfortunately I missed the other two in the trilogy. Someday when I run a company, I will ensure my employees can go for as many movie screenings they want to.

Golmaal 2

Big mistake. The only reason I went for the movie was we were playing a prank on a friend. We managed to convince her we had tickets for the premier of Dostana and John Abraham was coming. Two little magic words and we had a bakra. The room mate however enjoyed the mindless slapstick comedy, which was far more entertaining than the movie.


Vaaranam Ayiram

Thanks to a friend, I managed a first day second show after ages. Surya was incredible. Though a good 30 minutes of the movie could have been chopped with no impact on the story line, I quite liked it. Simran was a surprise package. Apart from a bit of over the top sappiness and some very non tamil movie moments, there was something fresh and feel good about the movie. Oh did I mention surya “six pack” sivakumar was awesome?


Fashion

I went expecting a morbidly depressing movie but I was in for a surprise. Though the movie was not really a happily ever after fairy tale, it didn’t leave you depressed like Bhandakar’s previous flick. Priyanka Chopra who I never really liked did quite a good job. And I was surprised to see Chitrashi Rawat of Chak de do a cameo. It was an all girls outing and the movie had its far share of super sexy shoes to drool over. Perfect Sunday afternoon.

Quantum of Solace

I have inherited the Bond mania from my dad and was looking forward to the release of QOS. It took me a good three weeks of trying for tickets before I finally managed to watch it. I am still wondering why it got such bad reviews. Personally I felt the morbid deaths apart- the fight sequence on the ropes and the Tosca scenes were beautifully shot.

At the end of it...caramel popcorn at Sathyam rocks!

No comments: