Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Vicky Cristy Barcelona

A Wood Allen movie after eons. VCB is the perfect weekend movie. A movie about how to love, how not to love and how any kind of love can blow up in your face. There were two reasons why I loved the movie. The movie shot across amazing locales in Barcelona makes you want to catch the next flight to Spain. It totally justified having Spain on my top ten destinations.


The other reason why I liked the movie was I could in some way see myself in each of the leading ladies.

-The "I want to do things right but should I really" Vicky
-The wild spirited but blundering Cristina.
-And of course Marie Elena who doesnt really know what she wants.

Now being able to relate to Allen's characters is actually a scary thing. But for all his whackiness, Woody allen is a bloody genius.

Twisted love stories and eccentric women aside, VCB is a must watch for its quirky narrative and interesting shots.

No comments: