Sunday, June 23, 2013

Let’s talk friendship.

One afternoon at the museum, a friend asked me , “so how many of your school friends are you in touch with? “. I responded with some uncomfortable silence.  Up until that moment it didn't real strike me that I was barely in touch. With anyone from my school days.  Now don’t get judgemental Jude on me. I am really good at keeping in touch. OK much better than the average.  But time and distance sometimes prove to be challenges.
While all my school friends were married and most had stayed behind in my hometown.. I found it difficult to stay in touch with them. But I think the most  is that I probably would not know what to say to them now.
I am a very very different person now from what I was some years ago. Moving cities, growing older and life in general has made me a different person. And I believe as you change.. so do the kind of friends you make. So this got me thinking would be I friends with half the people I know… had I met them at a different time of my life?

And I assume this would be apply for everyone. Something tells me I would have a lot less friends if I had to start the exercise now. A tad bit depressing that. Think I will drown my sorrows by doing a Mad Men marathon. Ta.

No comments: