Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pirates Ahoy

I have been quite bemused with all media attention on Chetan Bhagats Twitter comments. He ticked off a journalist for making a sort of pro piracy comment and now he has the media jungle breathing down his back. My sympathies are with CB. It was his twitter page and honestly I think he had a point. But this post isn't about piracy of books.
It is about a rather unique form of piracy I came across.

Coming back from a weekend trip to Coorg, we stopped over at a Coffee day. Half way through our coffees we realized it wasn't a coffee day in the first place. Everything from the logo colors, waiter's outfits, deco to even the patterns on the biscuit tins had been copied from CCD. But apparently they had nothing to do with them.

I know imitation is the best form of flattery but this was piracy at its heights!


The fake Coffe Day Cafe


Fake logo

4 comments:

K said...

Dont say antthing bad about this place. It helped me keep my job and the coffee wasnt half as bad. And your pic isnt doing justice to the 'imitation'. Dont you have a close up of their logo?

Wanderlust said...

K - Agreed - the place wasn't too bad. We were entertained with some eye candy and a child with an obsessive clapping disorder. But seriously their art person or whoever seems to have gone a tad too far!
And of course as usual you have bullied me into submission. Have uploaded a pic of their logo. :)

aparna said...

Was is atleast less expensive?? LOL at the obsessive clapping disorder!

Wanderlust said...

Appu-- even the prices were copied!