Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The bag story

Tring ! Tring!


Friend: Ah hello. So I’m buying a bag for N. I need a second opinion. Let me describe it to you
Me: A guy describing a bag? O no!
Friend: its one foot by one foot.
Me: Can actually hear Louis Vuitton turn in his grave. Are you describing the bag???
Friend: Yes shut up and listen.
Me: Sigh ok
Friend: It’s burgundy
Me: Now I have new hope in my friend. Not many men even know burgundy is a colour.
Friend: It’s got a coaster like thing on it.
Me: Previously mentioned hopes come crashing down. Er
Friend: Which I think is made of bamboo AND wood.
Me: Wondering if this is the right time to point out bamboo is wood. Decides against it.
Friend: But the bag is kind of small.
Me: What kind of bag is it?
Friend: mumble mumble
Me: Ok is it like a formal bag that you would carry for a dinner or a play?
Friend: Deafening silence
Me: Er hello?
Friend: Who has separate bags for dinners and plays?
Me: The bag lover in me cringes Most women do.
Friend: What! (in a tone like i just told him Scarlet Johanssen used to be a he). I have a bag for a phase in my life. I cant believe you have bags for occasions.
Me: Bag lover in me is dying a slow and painful death.
Friend: Ah ok enough of this, let me send u a MMS and then let you let me know.

Phew, the world is beautiful again. Thank god for technology. Bag lover is me is resurrected from the dead.

p.s. The actual bag turned out to be nothing like the description. K if your reading this, its ok we still love you :D

5 comments:

aparna said...

LOL!! that was funny!Did the bag turn out good? :P

Sarah said...

so errr there are different bags for dinners and plays?

Wanderlust said...

Aparna - yes it was a nice bag in the end :)

Sarah!!! im too pained to answer that.
p.s. the one you gifted me.. is something in that category ;)

Arch said...

ha ha...:)

K said...

it was a coaster!!!